The majority of homeowners do not give too much thought to the components of a refrigerator unless it stops cooling, or it is time to buy a new one. In order to get the most out of this important appliance it can be extremely nice to know how a refrigerator keeps your food cool—and Ogden Appliance Repair is here to explain.
Read below to find out everything you might need to know about how a refrigerator works, how it cools your food and drinks and if it’s the time to connect with refrigerator repair Ogden.
Parts of a Refrigerator
You won’t find many homes that don’t feature a refrigerator in the kitchen. It’s been a must-have household appliance for several years. A household refrigerator is able to store food at the right temperature, to reduce rotting and slow down the growth of harmful bacteria. The process of refrigeration works by moving the warmth from the inside of the refrigerator to the outside, using the principles of condensation and evaporation.
The primary parts of your refrigerator are. For questions or service call Ogden Appliance Repair:
The refrigerator compressor is both a motor and a pump, and it’s responsible for circulation of refrigerant in the cooling system.
A compressor is a very important piece of a refrigerator. Homeowners should enlist a professional company if the compressor isn’t working.
A condenser is found on the back exterior wall of the appliance and helps to emit the heat collected within the refrigerator then out in the air.
The refrigerator evaporator is housed in the inside of the refrigerator where absorbs the warmth held inside of it, effectively reducing the interior temperature.
Right when an evaporator isn’t working, it is time to hire a professional. You should not wait until it is too late.
Liquified coolant is carried through a capillary tube that works as an expansion device to cool the gas, turning it back into liquid.
A thermostat will regulate the current temperature inside a refrigerator, starting the cooling period as appropriate.
The thermostat in a refrigerator is prone to problems. Troubleshoot and hire a repairman in Ogden for repair right when a problem occurs.
How Does Refrigeration Work?
1. Once the temperature within the refrigerator goes above the set point sensors alert the refrigerator compressor to begin, and then the cooling period begins. The appliance draws in the cold liquid refrigerant, then condenses and pressurizes the refrigerant, and raises the temperature, turning it into a gas.
2. The compressor guides the hot gas in the direction of the refrigerator condenser coils located on the exterior of the appliance, where it comes into contact with the lower air temperature in the home and returns to a liquified form.
3. The cooled liquid continues on its trip towards the refrigerator evaporator, finding its way through the coils on the interior of the appliance and top freezer compartment.
4. The liquid absorbs the warm air from within the refrigerator, thereby cooling the temperature down to the desired set point.
5. The coolant evaporates, and will turn back into a gas form, and returns to the compressor so it can continue the cycle.
Refrigeration technology is often used in quite a few applications and appliances, this includes heat pumps, air conditioners, refrigerators and freezers. By extracting heat from one area and distributing it to elsewhere the continuous cycle of refrigeration will help cooling a home, creates a safe environment for food that is perishable, and also helps with manufacturing and storage of several different products and materials.
Need Refrigerator Repair?
Think your refrigerator require service? You can schedule repair with Ogden Appliance Repair.
Ogden Appliance Repair will fix nearly all standard brands of refrigerators – including commercial models, stand-alone and side-by-side.Our technicians in Ogden complete training to repair and troubleshoot problems with cooling, ice makers, condensation problems, puddles of water and leaks, light bulbs, digital controls, smart synchronization and various issues. We know all there is to know about refrigerator repair!
OTHER REFRIGERATOR RESOURCES:
- Refrigerator Noisy
- Refrigerator Not Cooling
- Refrigerator Ice Maker Not Working
- Refrigerator Water Dispenser Not Working